Enhancement – Multiple Assignees
We have added the capability to assign multiple users to specific source providers.
Assign - the term, "assign" works both ways. We "assign" a user to a provider, or, we can "assign a provider to a user. Either way, provider assignment is a task of making a connection between a provider and a user.
To assign providers
Follow these steps to assign providers
On a Physician or Facility Explore page, click the check box to the left of any number of providers you want to assign.
Click on the assign user button above the Explore table. This will open the "Add Assignee" dialog box.
Click on the box to the left of the listed assignee you want to assign to the provider.
Click the "Add" button.
You will need to repeat this entire process for each assignee. This will include re-selecting all providers you want to assign. (This limitation will be fixed in a future release - you will then be able to multi-select users in the "Add Assignee" dialog box.
On the Analyze page for any provider that has assigned users, any current assignees will be displayed at the top-right of the provider information section.
To un-assign any user from this provider, click on the X to the right of the user's name.
Enhancement – Bulk Upload Multiple Assignees in Admin
We have added the capability to bulk assign multiple users to an NPI. This tool allows an account administrator to add multiple source providers to multiple users using a Excel Spreadsheet.
You must be an account administrator to use this tool.
To do a bulk assignment upload
Download the Bulk Assignment spreadsheet in either Excel .xlsx or Excel .csv format.
On the Admin Users page, click on the "Bulk Assignment Import" button
This will open the "Bulk Assignment Import" dialog box. The links for the sample spreadsheets are on the first page.
Add NPIs and user email addresses
When you are done, the spreadsheet will include NPIs (in the first column) and user emails in the eight columns to the right. Let's look at the sample.
- Notice that for each line of business (HHA, HOS, SNF, and HME) there is a column for assigning and a column for un-assigning.
- Looking at hha (columns B and C) for the first NPI - 123456789, we have assigned that provider to Meredith and unassigned the same provider from Jesse.
- Multiple assignments and un-assignments
- Also notice that we have added a second row of the same NPI - 123456789. We did this because we also needed to add Jonas as an assignee for the same provider in home health.
- Takeaway - you need to create enough rows of each desired NPI to include all required assignments and/or un-assignments.
- Another was of looking at it is that for each row with an NPI, you can make, at most, one assignment and one un-assignment. So, you will need to create enough rows per NPI to satisfy sufficient assignments and un-assignments. Phew!
- Multiple lines of business
- In each row, you can assign and/or un-assign users to a specific NPI for up to four different lines of business - HHA, HOS, SNF, and/or HME.
- From the image above, you can see that in the first row, in addition to assigning Meredith to hha and un-assigning Jesse from HHA, we also un-assigned Christine from HOS and SNF.
Save the spreadsheet.
Once you have created your spreadsheet, on the Admin Users page, click on the "Bulk Assignment Import" button
This will open the "Bulk Assignment Import" dialog box. This time you will want to click on "Upload File."
Navigate to your saved spreadsheet. When the file is uploaded, the tool changes to the Validate tab.
This process could take a bunch of time
When validation is complete, you will be able to view any errors. You will have two options:
- You can accept the import without fixing errors. The incorrect entries will be ignored
- Cancel the import, fix the errors and try again.
Complete the import and close the tool.
You can confirm that the assignments went through by navigating to the explore page and browsing the "Assigned User(s)" column.
New Table – MA Facility Sources
On the Home Health Analyze page under the Sources tab, we have added a new table titled “MA Facility Sources”.
As a user, this will help you understand patient flow through the continuum of care and how they differ between FFS and MA at the provider level. This will enable you to speak to the provider about their patient breakdown between payers and create a mix that is more beneficial to your organization. Also, you can view your top sources and understand if you are receiving the patients you want based on FFS versus MA, and by plan.
Article is closed for comments.