The hospital Sales Spotlight tab summarizes the most revealing and helpful metrics for a selected hospital. The tab will help you to:
- Evaluate the overall performance of your selected hospital against state or county benchmarks.
- Identify your competitors for patients treated by the selected hospital.
- Prepare to engage with the hospital's staff with a message that demonstrates your competitive advantage.
Users can send themselves or their colleagues emails with the information in the Sales Spotlight too. This enables sales reps to have that hospital's information at their finger tips on a mobile device before a sales call. Additionally sales managers can also share potential targets with a sales rep through email for easier access when the sales rep is on the move.
Sales Spotlight is the first and default tab on the facility Analyze page.
This article explains the different parts of the Sales Spotlight tab. See our article on Hospital Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics for specific details on a particular metric.
The following image highlights the key features in the tab. Sales Spotlight is broken into three sections:
- Configuration - fields for adjusting the display and emailing Sales Spotlight
- Top Metrics - the most relevant metrics you need to know to understand the selected hospital or agency
- Our Agency Relationship - quality metrics specific to your agency that show your areas of strength against your competitors or in comparison to state benchmarks
Email Sales Spotlight - When you click on this, you will be able to send the Sales Spotlight content to yourself or another user as an email.
|Choose a recipient email. You can send the email to yourself or any other user in your company.||Sample Sales Spotlight email|
|- Click on either image below to enlarge it.|
My Agency - The Sales Spotlight tab focuses on metrics that are specific to the selected hospital and metrics that reveal your agency's strengths with regard to the selected hospital' patients. All your company's agencies are available to you if you click on the currently selected agency.
View Conversation Starters - This toggle turns on the Conversation Starters mode. The content in each insight will change. In general, with Conversation Starters on the metrics are described in a sentence.
Top Metrics and "My Agency" metrics for this hospital - The top section of the many boxes in the image above are the most relevant metrics you need to know to understand the selected hospital. The bottom section includes metrics specific to your chosen "My Agency." The metrics include:
The metric names in this list are links to additional details for each article.
- Top HHA Destinations - HHAs with the highest percentage of patients who were admitted to the HHA within 30 days of discharge from the selected facility during the one-year reporting period
- Patient HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges during the one-year reporting period that resumed or started a new home health stay within 30 days of discharge (% Entered)
- Facility's Intended HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges that were coded for home health services (% Coded) during the one-year reporting period
- Facility's Actual HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges that were coded for home health services and resumed or started a new HH stay within 30 days of discharge (% Adhered) during the one-year reporting period
- Annual Patient Count (FFS) - Count of distinct Medicare FFS patients discharged from the facility during the one-year reporting period, by claim type
- Readmission Rate: 30-Day - percentage of patients readmitted into any hospital within 30 days of their discharge from the selected inpatient facility during the two-year reporting period.
- Patient Risk Score- Average Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) Patient Risk Score for this facility (based on claim type)
- Highest Readmission Rate MS-DRGs - List of MS-DRGs associated with the highest 30-day readmission rates for the selected hospital
"My Agency" metrics
- 6-month Risk Adjusted Total Patient Cost Following HHA - Average total risk-adjusted Medicare spend per patient during the 6 month follow-up period after admission to the selected HHA
- HHA Hospitalization Rate: SOC to 30 days - Average total risk-adjusted Medicare spend per patient during the 6 month follow-up period after admission to the selected HHA
- HHA Readmission Rate: 30-Day - percentage of the selected facility's patients who were discharged from an inpatient setting, were admitted to the listed home health agency, and were subsequently readmitted to any hospital within 30 days of the first inpatient discharge (based on 2-years of discharges, shifted back 30 days)
- HHA Average Length of Stay - Average number of days spent in the selected HHA for patients with the listed MS-DRG
For more information, see Hospital Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics for specific details on a particular metric.
Conversation Starters - With Conversation Starters on, each metric is presented as a statement that focuses on the competitive advantage of your agency the metric demonstrates. The Conversation Starters are designed to help you generate a convincing message that shows your agency's competitive advantage. The specific conversation starters are created in this order:
- Against a competitor - If your agency outperforms another top SNF, we show the comparison between the two agencies. In these cases, the metrics will be green.
- Against a benchmark - If we can't find an example of competitive advantage against a competitor, we will include a favorable comparison with a state metric. These metrics will appear green.
- Area for growth - If we are unable to include a metric that shows your agency performing well, we will still include a comparison with the state metric to show an area where you need to grow. Those metrics will be red.
With Conversation Starters off
With Conversation Starters on