What is a Sales Spotlight Email?
Sales Spotlight emails provide a breakdown of the included hospital's top metrics, including the top 3 home health agency destinations, as well as a brief but in-depth comparison of how your agency compares to the hospital's top home health destinations. If you've received a Hospital Sales Spotlight Email, review the hospital and determine if it would be a good target for you. Anyone can send you a Sales Spotlight from the Facility Analyze page within Marketscape. You can even send one to yourself! Sending one to yourself is a great way to have that hospital's information at your finger tips on your mobile device before a sales call.
See the Hospital Sales Spotlight - Overview for more information on how to send yourself a Sales Spotlight Email.
This article will show and summarize the elements in the Sales Spotlight email. For a deeper dive into the metrics and messaging see our article on Hospital Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics.
In short, the metrics in this section are the ones you need to make a quick assessment of the selected hospital as a source of potential referrals.
- Patient Volume (Only Sales Spotlight email) - Includes Medicare FFS patients and HHA Patients.
- Patient HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges during the one-year reporting period that resumed or started a new home health stay within 30 days of discharge (% Entered)
- Facility's Intended HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges that were coded for home health services (% Coded) during the one-year reporting period
- Facility's Actual HHA Utilization - Percentage of facility discharges that were coded for home health services and resumed or started a new HH stay within 30 days of discharge (% Adhered) during the one-year reporting period
- Readmission Rate: 30-Day - percentage of patients readmitted into any hospital within 30 days of their discharge from the selected inpatient facility during the two-year reporting period.
- Top HHA Destinations - HHAs with the highest percentage of patients who were admitted to the HHA within 30 days of discharge from the selected facility during the one-year reporting period
- Highest Readmission Rate MS-DRGs - List of MS-DRGs associated with the highest 30-day readmission rates for the selected hospital
What is included?
There are four potential metrics that can appear in this section for one or more groups of diagnostic patient populations. IF it is possible to calculate metrics for a listed diagnosis, the metrics will be included in this section.
- The metrics are tied to specific diagnoses, or all diagnoses. There are three different diagnoses displayed:
- ALL Diagnoses - all patients with all diagnoses
- MS-DRG 291: Heart Failure and Shock with MCC
- MS-DRG 280: Acute Myocardial Infarction, discharged alive with MCC
- Usage: The purpose of any of these metrics is to identify instances where the chosen "My Agency" performed well against competitors.
- Color: The color of the metrics are instant indicators of competitive advantage or disadvantage.
- Green - These are the metrics you can use right away. These will show you areas where your agency is doing a great job, either against a specific competitor, as stated, or against the state average.
Red - As a sales rep, you will want to be aware of but not use any metrics in red. These demonstrate areas where your agency needs to dig in and improve.
Article is closed for comments.